13. And king Solomon raised a levy out of all Israel; and the levy was thirty thousand men.
14. And he sent them to Lebanon, ten thousand a month by courses: a month they were in Lebanon, and two months at home: and Adoniram was over the levy.
15. And Solomon had threescore and ten thousand that bare burdens, and fourscore thousand hewers in the mountains;
16. Beside the chief of Solomon's officers which were over the work, three thousand and three hundred, which ruled over the people that wrought in the work.
17. And the king commanded, and they brought great stones, costly stones, and hewed stones, to lay the foundation of the house.
18. And Solomon's builders and Hiram's builders did hew them, and the stonesquarers: so they prepared timber and stones to build the house.