2. And when David had made an end of offering the burnt offerings and the peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD.
3. And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine.
4. And he appointed certain of the Levites to minister before the ark of the LORD, and to record, and to thank and praise the LORD God of Israel:
5. Asaph the chief, and next to him Zechariah, Jeiel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Mattithiah, and Eliab, and Benaiah, and Obededom: and Jeiel with psalteries and with harps; but Asaph made a sound with cymbals;
6. Benaiah also and Jahaziel the priests with trumpets continually before the ark of the covenant of God.
7. Then on that day David delivered first this psalm to thank the LORD into the hand of Asaph and his brethren.
8. Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
9. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works.
10. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
11. Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.
12. Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;
13. O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
14. He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth.
15. Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;
16. Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;
17. And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,
18. Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;
19. When ye were but few, even a few, and strangers in it.
20. And when they went from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people;
21. He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes,
22. Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.