6. And the king and his men went to Jerusalem unto the Jebusites, the inhabitants of the land: which spake unto David, saying, Except thou take away the blind and the lame, thou shalt not come in hither: thinking, David cannot come in hither.
7. Nevertheless David took the strong hold of Zion: the same is the city of David.
8. And David said on that day, Whosoever getteth up to the gutter, and smiteth the Jebusites, and the lame and the blind that are hated of David's soul, he shall be chief and captain. Wherefore they said, The blind and the lame shall not come into the house.
9. So David dwelt in the fort, and called it the city of David. And David built round about from Millo and inward.
10. And David went on, and grew great, and the LORD God of hosts was with him.