23. And these are the numbers of the bands that were ready armed to the war, and came to David to Hebron, to turn the kingdom of Saul to him, according to the word of the LORD.
24. The children of Judah that bare shield and spear were six thousand and eight hundred, ready armed to the war.
25. Of the children of Simeon, mighty men of valour for the war, seven thousand and one hundred.
26. Of the children of Levi four thousand and six hundred.
27. And Jehoiada was the leader of the Aaronites, and with him were three thousand and seven hundred;
28. And Zadok, a young man mighty of valour, and of his father's house twenty and two captains.
29. And of the children of Benjamin, the kindred of Saul, three thousand: for hitherto the greatest part of them had kept the ward of the house of Saul.
30. And of the children of Ephraim twenty thousand and eight hundred, mighty men of valour, famous throughout the house of their fathers.
31. And of the half tribe of Manasseh eighteen thousand, which were expressed by name, to come and make David king.
32. And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.
33. Of Zebulun, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war, fifty thousand, which could keep rank: they were not of double heart.
34. And of Naphtali a thousand captains, and with them with shield and spear thirty and seven thousand.
35. And of the Danites expert in war twenty and eight thousand and six hundred.
36. And of Asher, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, forty thousand.
37. And on the other side of Jordan, of the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and of the half tribe of Manasseh, with all manner of instruments of war for the battle, an hundred and twenty thousand.
38. All these men of war, that could keep rank, came with a perfect heart to Hebron, to make David king over all Israel: and all the rest also of Israel were of one heart to make David king.
39. And there they were with David three days, eating and drinking: for their brethren had prepared for them.
40. Moreover they that were nigh them, even unto Issachar and Zebulun and Naphtali, brought bread on asses, and on camels, and on mules, and on oxen, and meat, meal, cakes of figs, and bunches of raisins, and wine, and oil, and oxen, and sheep abundantly: for there was joy in Israel.