1. Now there was long war between the house of Saul and the house of David: but David waxed stronger and stronger, and the house of Saul waxed weaker and weaker.
2. And unto David were sons born in Hebron: and his firstborn was Amnon, of Ahinoam the Jezreelitess;
3. And his second, Chileab, of Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite; and the third, Absalom the son of Maacah the daughter of Talmai king of Geshur;
4. And the fourth, Adonijah the son of Haggith; and the fifth, Shephatiah the son of Abital;
5. And the sixth, Ithream, by Eglah David's wife. These were born to David in Hebron.