13. Now rise up, said I, and get you over the brook Zered. And we went over the brook Zered.
14. And the space in which we came from Kadeshbarnea, until we were come over the brook Zered, was thirty and eight years; until all the generation of the men of war were wasted out from among the host, as the LORD sware unto them.
15. For indeed the hand of the LORD was against them, to destroy them from among the host, until they were consumed.
16. So it came to pass, when all the men of war were consumed and dead from among the people,
17. That the LORD spake unto me, saying,
18. Thou art to pass over through Ar, the coast of Moab, this day: