34. And the LORD heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying,
35. Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see that good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers.
36. Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh; he shall see it, and to him will I give the land that he hath trodden upon, and to his children, because he hath wholly followed the LORD.
37. Also the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, saying, Thou also shalt not go in thither.
38. But Joshua the son of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall go in thither: encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.
39. Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.
40. But as for you, turn you, and take your journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea.