18. But Samuel ministered before the LORD, being a child, girded with a linen ephod.
19. Moreover his mother made him a little coat, and brought it to him from year to year, when she came up with her husband to offer the yearly sacrifice.
20. And Eli blessed Elkanah and his wife, and said, The LORD give thee seed of this woman for the loan which is lent to the LORD. And they went unto their own home.
21. And the LORD visited Hannah, so that she conceived, and bare three sons and two daughters. And the child Samuel grew before the LORD.
22. Now Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons did unto all Israel; and how they lay with the women that assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
23. And he said unto them, Why do ye such things? for I hear of your evil dealings by all this people.
24. Nay, my sons; for it is no good report that I hear: ye make the LORD's people to transgress.
25. If one man sin against another, the judge shall judge him: but if a man sin against the LORD, who shall intreat for him? Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto the voice of their father, because the LORD would slay them.
26. And the child Samuel grew on, and was in favour both with the LORD, and also with men.