14. But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.
15. And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
16. Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience.
17. The God of this people of Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an high arm brought he them out of it.
18. And about the time of forty years suffered he their manners in the wilderness.
19. And when he had destroyed seven nations in the land of Chanaan, he divided their land to them by lot.
20. And after that he gave unto them judges about the space of four hundred and fifty years, until Samuel the prophet.