1. After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.
2. Now the Jew's feast of tabernacles was at hand.
3. His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.
4. For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world.
5. For neither did his brethren believe in him.
6. Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.
7. The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
8. Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come.
9. When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee.