1. Again in the ninth year, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2. Son of man, write thee the name of the day, even of this same day: the king of Babylon set himself against Jerusalem this same day.
3. And utter a parable unto the rebellious house, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Set on a pot, set it on, and also pour water into it:
4. Gather the pieces thereof into it, even every good piece, the thigh, and the shoulder; fill it with the choice bones.
5. Take the choice of the flock, and burn also the bones under it, and make it boil well, and let them seethe the bones of it therein.
6. Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the bloody city, to the pot whose scum is therein, and whose scum is not gone out of it! bring it out piece by piece; let no lot fall upon it.
7. For her blood is in the midst of her; she set it upon the top of a rock; she poured it not upon the ground, to cover it with dust;
8. That it might cause fury to come up to take vengeance; I have set her blood upon the top of a rock, that it should not be covered.
9. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the bloody city! I will even make the pile for fire great.
10. Heap on wood, kindle the fire, consume the flesh, and spice it well, and let the bones be burned.
11. Then set it empty upon the coals thereof, that the brass of it may be hot, and may burn, and that the filthiness of it may be molten in it, that the scum of it may be consumed.
12. She hath wearied herself with lies, and her great scum went not forth out of her: her scum shall be in the fire.
13. In thy filthiness is lewdness: because I have purged thee, and thou wast not purged, thou shalt not be purged from thy filthiness any more, till I have caused my fury to rest upon thee.
14. I the LORD have spoken it: it shall come to pass, and I will do it; I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent; according to thy ways, and according to thy doings, shall they judge thee, saith the Lord GOD.