1. In the beginning of the reign of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah came this word from the LORD, saying,
2. Thus saith the LORD; Stand in the court of the LORD's house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the LORD's house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word:
3. If so be they will hearken, and turn every man from his evil way, that I may repent me of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings.
4. And thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD; If ye will not hearken to me, to walk in my law, which I have set before you,
5. To hearken to the words of my servants the prophets, whom I sent unto you, both rising up early, and sending them, but ye have not hearkened;
6. Then will I make this house like Shiloh, and will make this city a curse to all the nations of the earth.
7. So the priests and the prophets and all the people heard Jeremiah speaking these words in the house of the LORD.