17. Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.
18. For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee; they shall withal be fitted in thy lips.
19. That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee.
20. Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,
21. That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?
22. Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate:
23. For the LORD will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them.
24. Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go:
25. Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.
26. Be not thou one of them that strike hands, or of them that are sureties for debts.
27. If thou hast nothing to pay, why should he take away thy bed from under thee?
28. Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.
29. Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.