16. At that time did king Ahaz send unto the kings of Assyria to help him.
17. For again the Edomites had come and smitten Judah, and carried away captives.
18. The Philistines also had invaded the cities of the low country, and of the south of Judah, and had taken Bethshemesh, and Ajalon, and Gederoth, and Shocho with the villages thereof, and Timnah with the villages thereof, Gimzo also and the villages thereof: and they dwelt there.
19. For the LORD brought Judah low because of Ahaz king of Israel; for he made Judah naked, and transgressed sore against the LORD.
20. And Tilgathpilneser king of Assyria came unto him, and distressed him, but strengthened him not.
21. For Ahaz took away a portion out of the house of the LORD, and out of the house of the king, and of the princes, and gave it unto the king of Assyria: but he helped him not.