7. In that night did God appear unto Solomon, and said unto him, Ask what I shall give thee.
8. And Solomon said unto God, Thou hast shewed great mercy unto David my father, and hast made me to reign in his stead.
9. Now, O LORD God, let thy promise unto David my father be established: for thou hast made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.
10. Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?
11. And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
12. Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.