1. Concerning the divisions of the porters: Of the Korhites was Meshelemiah the son of Kore, of the sons of Asaph.
2. And the sons of Meshelemiah were, Zechariah the firstborn, Jediael the second, Zebadiah the third, Jathniel the fourth,
3. Elam the fifth, Jehohanan the sixth, Elioenai the seventh.
4. Moreover the sons of Obededom were, Shemaiah the firstborn, Jehozabad the second, Joah the third, and Sacar the fourth, and Nethaneel the fifth.
5. Ammiel the sixth, Issachar the seventh, Peulthai the eighth: for God blessed him.
6. Also unto Shemaiah his son were sons born, that ruled throughout the house of their father: for they were mighty men of valour.
7. The sons of Shemaiah; Othni, and Rephael, and Obed, Elzabad, whose brethren were strong men, Elihu, and Semachiah.
8. All these of the sons of Obededom: they and their sons and their brethren, able men for strength for the service, were threescore and two of Obededom.
9. And Meshelemiah had sons and brethren, strong men, eighteen.
10. Also Hosah, of the children of Merari, had sons; Simri the chief, (for though he was not the firstborn, yet his father made him the chief; )
11. Hilkiah the second, Tebaliah the third, Zechariah the fourth: all the sons and brethren of Hosah were thirteen.
12. Among these were the divisions of the porters, even among the chief men, having wards one against another, to minister in the house of the LORD.
13. And they cast lots, as well the small as the great, according to the house of their fathers, for every gate.
14. And the lot eastward fell to Shelemiah. Then for Zechariah his son, a wise counsellor, they cast lots; and his lot came out northward.
15. To Obededom southward; and to his sons the house of Asuppim.
16. To Shuppim and Hosah the lot came forth westward, with the gate Shallecheth, by the causeway of the going up, ward against ward.
17. Eastward were six Levites, northward four a day, southward four a day, and toward Asuppim two and two.
18. At Parbar westward, four at the causeway, and two at Parbar.
19. These are the divisions of the porters among the sons of Kore, and among the sons of Merari.