1. Then David said, This is the house of the LORD God, and this is the altar of the burnt offering for Israel.
2. And David commanded to gather together the strangers that were in the land of Israel; and he set masons to hew wrought stones to build the house of God.
3. And David prepared iron in abundance for the nails for the doors of the gates, and for the joinings; and brass in abundance without weight;
4. Also cedar trees in abundance: for the Zidonians and they of Tyre brought much cedar wood to David.
5. And David said, Solomon my son is young and tender, and the house that is to be builded for the LORD must be exceeding magnifical, of fame and of glory throughout all countries: I will therefore now make preparation for it. So David prepared abundantly before his death.