16. And Jehoiada made a covenant between him, and between all the people, and between the king, that they should be the LORD's people.
17. Then all the people went to the house of Baal, and brake it down, and brake his altars and his images in pieces, and slew Mattan the priest of Baal before the altars.
18. Also Jehoiada appointed the offices of the house of the LORD by the hand of the priests the Levites, whom David had distributed in the house of the LORD, to offer the burnt offerings of the LORD, as it is written in the law of Moses, with rejoicing and with singing, as it was ordained by David.
19. And he set the porters at the gates of the house of the LORD, that none which was unclean in any thing should enter in.
20. And he took the captains of hundreds, and the nobles, and the governors of the people, and all the people of the land, and brought down the king from the house of the LORD: and they came through the high gate into the king's house, and set the king upon the throne of the kingdom.
21. And all the people of the land rejoiced: and the city was quiet, after that they had slain Athaliah with the sword.