26. And Joab fought against Rabbah of the children of Ammon, and took the royal city.
27. And Joab sent messengers to David, and said, I have fought against Rabbah, and have taken the city of waters.
28. Now therefore gather the rest of the people together, and encamp against the city, and take it: lest I take the city, and it be called after my name.
29. And David gathered all the people together, and went to Rabbah, and fought against it, and took it.
30. And he took their king's crown from off his head, the weight whereof was a talent of gold with the precious stones: and it was set on David's head. And he brought forth the spoil of the city in great abundance.
31. And he brought forth the people that were therein, and put them under saws, and under harrows of iron, and under axes of iron, and made them pass through the brick-kiln: and thus did he unto all the cities of the children of Ammon. So David and all the people returned unto Jerusalem.