22. And Judah did evil in the sight of the LORD, and they provoked him to jealousy with their sins which they had committed, above all that their fathers had done.
23. For they also built them high places, and images, and groves, on every high hill, and under every green tree.
24. And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
25. And it came to pass in the fifth year of king Rehoboam, that Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem:
26. And he took away the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures of the king's house; he even took away all: and he took away all the shields of gold which Solomon had made.
27. And king Rehoboam made in their stead brasen shields, and committed them unto the hands of the chief of the guard, which kept the door of the king's house.
28. And it was so, when the king went into the house of the LORD, that the guard bare them, and brought them back into the guard chamber.