9. And when they came unto the threshingfloor of Chidon, Uzza put forth his hand to hold the ark; for the oxen stumbled.
10. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzza, and he smote him, because he put his hand to the ark: and there he died before God.
11. And David was displeased, because the LORD had made a breach upon Uzza: wherefore that place is called Perezuzza to this day.
12. And David was afraid of God that day, saying, How shall I bring the ark of God home to me?
13. So David brought not the ark home to himself to the city of David, but carried it aside into the house of Obededom the Gittite.
14. And the ark of God remained with the family of Obededom in his house three months. And the LORD blessed the house of Obededom, and all that he had.